3.5 cups flour
¼ cup sugar
4 tsp baking powder
¾ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
3/4 cup butter
1 ¾ cup buttermilk
*If you like, try adding in different ingredients to flavour your scones – some favourites around Pineridge Hollow are: herb & cheese, lemon poppyseed, banana chocolate chip, blueberry pecan.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Cut in cold butter with a pastry blender until butter is in pea sized pieces.
- Mix in buttermilk and combine until the dry ingredients are moistened.
- Mix in your choice of additional ingredients at this point.
- Using a large ice cream scoop (approximately 8 oz), scoop scone mix into 12 scones on your baking sheet.
- Bake for 22 minutes, until bottoms of scones become golden brown.
- Serve warm with jam, cream cheese, butter, etc.
MAPLE PEPPERED BACON
¼ cup maple syrup
½ cup brown sugar
¾ tsp fresh ground black pepper
½ cup water
1-2 packages bacon (depends how much your family likes bacon!)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, line 1-2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine all ingredients (except bacon) in a small saucepan
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat to med/low.
- Simmer until sugar dissolved and mixture thickens.
- Spread bacon evenly on baking sheets.
- Pour maple mixture evenly over bacon.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes depending how crispy you like your bacon!
DILLY SCRAMBLED EGGS
1/3 cup half & half
½ tbsp fresh dill, chopped
Salt & pepper to taste
- Whisk all ingredients in a medium bowl until well combined.
- Heat butter or oil in a non-stick pan or skillet over medium/low heat. Pour in egg mixture.
- Cook eggs, stirring frequently until they form soft curds and no liquid remains.
- Serve immediately!