It's that time of the year, the Farmer's Market is about to return! The market runs Saturdays from 9am-1pm, June 13th to September 19th. We love supporting local makers & growers, and bringing everyone together for this weekly event. However, like most things in our world right now, it's not quite business as usual. Here is a list of how the market may look different during your visit this summer:
- For the safety of our market vendors and our customers, if any vendors, market staff, or guests feel sick, have any Covid - 19 symptoms, have traveled, or been in contact with anyone that has travelled 14 days prior to the market please do not attend.
- We will have signs set up throughout the market encouraging social distancing and the proper ways to do so.
- We are trying to create a one direction market. Arrows will be marked through the market indicating that it is a one direction market.
- We will have an entrance and an exit (both near each other) to monitor the amount of guests entering the market grounds. Only a certain amount of guests will be allowed into the market at one time, so you may have to wait in line to get in.
- Sanitizer and hand washing stations will be set up throughout the market as well as a sanitizer station at the entrance and exit.
- Food sampling is not allowed as per Manitoba Health guidelines
- Vendors are not to touch reusable bags brought by guests and guests must take the items they have purchased off of the table and put it in the bag themselves.
As new guidelines are put in place by our government, these measures may change, if appropriate!
Even though the market experience will differ slightly than previous years, we are excited to be able to continue this summer event and provide an opportunity for small businesses and local shoppers a chance to connect.
Our weekly vendor list for the market will continue to be updated throughout the season and can be found HERE.